Re: raid6 check/repair

Dear Michael,

Michael Schmitt wrote:
Hi folks,

Probably erroneously, you have sent this mail only to me, not to the list...

I just want to give another suggestion. It may or may not be possible
to repair inconsistent arrays but in either way some code there MUST
at least warn the administrator that something (may) went wrong.

Agreed.

I don't know if linux-raid is the right code to implement this,
but I think it is the most obvious place to implement it I guess.

It's on the todo-list, I think, judging from this Debian bug:

Kind regards,

Thiemo Nagel

I thought this suggestion was once noted in this thread but I am not sure and I did not find it anymore, so please bare with me if I wrote it again. I had an issue once where the chipset / mainboard was broken so on one raid1 array I have diferent data was written to the disks occasionally and linux-raid / mdadm did not complain or do anything. Just by coincidence I found this issue that time. I did report this here on february too.

-