Re: deleting mdadm array?

David Greaves said:     (by the date of Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:55:44 +0100)

> How much later? This will, of course, destroy any data on the array (!) and
> you'll need to mkfs again...

Just after, I didn't even create LVM volume on it (not mentioning
formatting it).

> Also, if you don't mind me asking: why did you choose version 1.1 for the
> metadata/superblock version?

In "time to deprecate old RAID formats" Doug Ledford said, that 1.1
is safest when used with LVM. I wish that this info would get into
the man page. I just hope that grub will be able to boot from LVM
from '/' partition raid1 (version 1.1), I didn't check this yet.

Doug Ledford said:     (by the date of Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:15:34 -0400)

-