raid5 post mortem analisys

Hello,

I had a raid 5 array with 3 drives. (on a USB 2.0 bus :)). After some time, on drive failed. After some more time another drive failed and the array stopped running. I know that the usage pattern from the first failure to the second was read-only, i.e as a user only reads were performed. I also know that the cause of the drive's failures was that they just dissapeared from the USB bus (probably from a bug in the hard drive's enclosure's USB to IDE bridge)

I trashed the array anyway, but since I am new to linux md devices, I was wishing that you could help me understand if there was any possibility of getting it back up assuming that there was no data corruption. I run kernel 2.6.17 on a debian system and use mdadm for controlling the array from user space.

Daniel Santos
-