Re: md raid acceleration and the async_tx api

On 9/13/07, Yuri Tikhonov <yur@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi Dan,
>
> On Friday 07 September 2007 20:02, you wrote:
> > You need to fetch from the 'md-for-linus' tree.  But I have attached
> > them as well.
> >
> > git fetch git://lost.foo-projects.org/~dwillia2/git/iop
> > md-for-linus:md-for-linus
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Unrelated question. Comparing the drivers/md/raid5.c file in the Linus's
> 2.6.23-rc6 tree and in your md-for-linus one I'd found the following
> difference in the expand-related part of the handle_stripe5() function:
>
> -               s.locked += handle_write_operations5(sh, 1, 1);
> +               s.locked += handle_write_operations5(sh, 0, 1);
>
>  That is, in your case we are passing rcw=0, whereas in the Linus's case the
> handle_write_operation5() is called with rcw=1. What code is correct ?

There was a recent bug discovered in my changes to the expansion code.
 The fix has now gone into Linus's tree through Andrew's tree.  I kept
the fix out of my 'md-for-linus' tree to prevent it getting dropped
from -mm due to automatic git-tree merge-detection.  I have now
rebased my git tree so everything is in sync.

However, after talking with Neil at LCE we came to the conclusion that
it would be best if I just sent patches since git tree updates tend to
not get enough review, and because the patch sets will be more
manageable now that the big pieces of the acceleration infrastructure
have been merged.

>  Regards, Yuri

Thanks,
Dan