Re: RAID6 --grow won't restart after disk failure [solved]

Neil Brown wrote:
> Reshape won't restart while the array is auto-read-only.
> You can start it simply by mounting the filesystem, or with
>   mdadm /dev/md0 --readwrite

Neil,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I would have never figured
it out myself, with my incorrect assumption about what read-only meant.
Once I set it to read-write, it started reshaping again. I'd guess you
probably don't run into this issue very often, but it might be useful to
others to have this information in the man-page somewhere. Just a line
almost exactly like what you've written above could be useful -- "Arrays
will not reshape or rebuild if they are in read-only mode. Use the
--readwrite switch to set the array to read-write mode to continue a
reshape or rebuild."

Thanks again,

--
Colin Snover