Homehost suddenly changed on some components

Hello!

After growing my RAID-5 from 8 to 10 devices, everything worked smoothly for a day. Then I rebooted into another kernel, still with the old mdadm.conf. The array did not assemble correctly, so I fixed mdadm.conf by correcting the number of devices. After rebooting once again four components had a different UUID, the homehost part is different. I am not aware that the machine's hostname has ever changed.

Six devices look like this: http://phpfi.com/252263
Four devices look like this: http://phpfi.com/252264

Since then assembling fails. Only six devices are added.

It's worth mentioning that the four rogue devices all are on the same controller, which worked flawlessly for two years.
lspci output: http://phpfi.com/252755

I am most concerned with repairing the UUID so the array assembles again. I tried several tricks with mdadm's --assemble --update flag, but to no avail. Everything I tried aborted with:

mdadm: superblock on /dev/hde1 doesn't match others - assembly aborted

Tried both mdadm v2.6.2 and v2.5.6. The system is an Ubuntu Feisty Server, growing was done with a custom 2.6.22 kernel, stock kernel is 2.6.20.

Current mdadm.conf: http://phpfi.com/252752
Old one only differs in number of devices for md0.

--
Regards,
Max Amanshauser.

-