Re: pata_via with software raid1: "attempt to access beyond end of device"

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:59:41 +1000
Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> So reiserfs thinks the devices is 64K larger than it really is. I
> wonder how that happened.

>    resize_reiserfs -s -64K /dev/md1

	Neil, I discovered how the "64k larger" issue happened...

	It was my fault.. I created the Reiser filesystem *before* the
raid device. So when I create the raid device, it warns about a
existing reiserfs filesystem and if I want to continue. This way, the
underlying filesystem will be always 64k large than the raid device.

	If, instead, I use the correct method of creating the raid
device *before*, everything is ok, because then I can "mkreiserfs" the
raid device and the filesystem will have the correct size the raid
device expects.

	Sorry for my mistake and thanks again!

--
Linux 2.6.22: Holy Dancing Manatees, Batman!
http://www.lastfm.pt/user/danielfraga

-