Re: Raid array is not automatically detected.

I would like for it to be the boot device. I have setup a raid5 mdraid array before and it was automatically accessible as /dev/md0 after every reboot. In this peculiar case, I am having to assemble the array manually before I can access it...

mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1

Unless I do the above, I cannot access /dev/md0. I've never had this happen before. Usually a cursory glance through dmesg will show that the array was detected, but not so in this case.