Re: Cluster Aware MD Driver

Is the goal to have the MD device be directly accessible from all
nodes? This strategy seems flawed in that it speaks to updating MD
superblocks then in-memory Linux data structures across a cluster.
The reality is if we're talking about shared storage the MD management
only needs to happen in one node.  Others can weigh in on this but the
current MD really doesn't want to be cluster-aware.

IMHO, this cluster awareness really doesn't belong in MD/mdadm.  A
high-level cluster management tool should be doing this MD
ownership/coordination work.  The MD ownership can be transferred
accordingly if/when the current owner fails, etc.  But this implies
that the MD is only ever active on one node at any given point in
time.

Mike