dm-crypt issue

I'm not sure this is the right place, or that there IS a right pace for this, but it involves RAID, so... ;-)

I have an array I mount with cryptoloop, to hole some information with AES encryption. I keep hearing that the way to do this is with dm-crypt, but I can't find anyone who will explain how to do that. If I had the luxury of starting over I could use dm-crypt to start from scratch, but the only practical solution in terms of time and requirement for encrypted backup would be to be able to mount the same partitions, using the same encryption, just using dm-crypt. I don't think I can do that, but if someone wants to assure me that it can be done and point me to documentation, I'll be grateful.

I have a LOT of partial sets of this data in the field in DVD, same requirement, I can't replace them, they have to work as is.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

-