Re: Fwd: Identify SATA Disks

lewis shobbrook wrote:
Also I've not had much joy in attempting to "hotswap" SATA on a live system.
Can anyone attest to successful hotswap (or blanket rule out as
doesn't work) using std on board SATA controllers,  cf dedicated raid
card, or suggest further reading?
I've spent considerable time here and there in recent years trying to
find some decent info on this...

Hotswap works fine for me. My disks are both: FUJITSU MHV2060BH
The serial ata controller is recognized as an ICH6.

Make sure that your BIOS settings are in serial ATA mode, not legacy emulation mode. Also, you should be using the libata driver if you want hotswap.

Colin

-