Re: LINEAR RAID, little help

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
Hi,

The main reason I'm posting (given others can answer these questions
better) is to ask a further question:
Why would anyone use RAID-linear?  If RAID-0 gives better performance for
the same (reduced) reliability, what's the point of using Linear?  Do you
get slightly more space out of it?  I presume it's for stuff where you
don't place much value no your data.