Re: mdadm file system type check

What I think the OP is getting at is that MDADM will create an array
with partitions whose type is not set to FD (Linux Raid Auto), but are
perhaps 83.

The issue with that is that upon a reboot mdadm will not be able to
start the array.  If you use MDADM to manually reassemble the array then
it will work fine. But until you reset the partition type to be FD, you
will have to run this step every time you reboot the machine.

Please note that I'm not disagreeing or agreeing whether the OP's idea
was a good idea, just trying to clarify the issue!

Cheers
Ferg

--

  scotgate.org AIM#fergycool jabber#fergy IRC#Ferg MSN#fergycool
  Climb up it, kayak down it + make sure it runs on GNU/Linux

-