Re: Raid corruption problems.

John McMonagle wrote:
Have a raid1  backup server that seems to get corrupted.
This is the 3rd time in about a year.
Have 2 other backup servers that were cloned from this one that have no problems.

Done a couple kernel upgrades recently.
Now has 2.6.18-2 kernel.
It's based on Debian sarge.

It's a low end Intel server motherboard using ata_piix sata driver.
Have another mother board just like doing raid1 with sata drives that has had no problems but it has a much lighter disk load.
smartctl has never shown any problems.
In /sys/block/md2 did
echo check > syncaction
No error messages but mismatch_cnt  is 1152.
rc0/errors and rc1/errors are both 0.

I'm guessing a hardware problem.
Any suggestions?

Since memory is the easiest to test, I'd try memtest86+ for at least 12 hr. If this were PATA I'd suggest replugging the cables, but it's lower probability with SATA. Still, probably worth trying.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

-