Re: Setting write-intent bitmap during array resync/create?

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Eli Stair wrote:

> I gather this isn't currently possible, but I wonder if it's feasible to make > it so? This works fine once the array is marked 'clean', and I imagine it's > simpler to just disallow the bitmap creation until it's in that state. Would > it be possible to allow creation of the bitmap by queueing the action until
 > the array is done rebuilding?

dean gaudet wrote:

why don't you add "-b internal" to the mdadm --create command line?
-dean

Valid question!

One - I apparently made a blunder of the syntax and kept including -G out of habit when I formed the create line, and didn't pay attention to the error in my logs. D'oh.

Two - After realizing the mistake, I find there are a few bugs in doing this. Posting a separate new thread for this.

Cheers,

/eli