Re: avoiding the initial resync on --create

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 15:49 +0200, Erik Mouw wrote:

> There is no way to figure out what exactly is correct data and what is
> not. It might work right after creation and during the initial install,
> but after the next reboot there is no way to figure out what blocks to
> believe.

You don't really need to.  After a clean install, the operating system
has no business reading any block it didn't write to during the install
unless you are just reading disk blocks for the fun of it.  And any
program that depends on data that hasn't first been written to disk is
just wrong and stupid anyway.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194