raid5/lvm setup questions

Hello all,

I'm building a new server which will use a number of disks
and am not sure of the best way to go about the setup.
There will be 4 320gb SATA drives installed at first.  I'm
just wondering how to set the system up for upgradability.
I'll be using raid5 but not sure whether to use lvm over
the raid array.

By upgradability, I'd like to do several things.  Adding
another drive of the same size to the array.  I understand
reshape can be used here to expand the underlying block
device.  If the block device is the pv of an lvm array,
would that also automatically expand in which I would
create additional lvs in the new space.  If this isn't
automatic, are there ways to do it manually?

What about replacing all four drives with larger units.
Say going from 300gbx4 to 500gbx4.  Can one replace them
one at a time, going through fail/rebuild as appropriate
and then expand the array into the unused space or would
one have to reinstall at that point.

Thanks,
Shane

--