Re: Grub vs Lilo

Lewis Shobbrook wrote:
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can comment on an easy way to get grub to update all components in a raid1 array. I have a raid1 /boot with a raid10 /root and have previously used lilo with the raid-extra-boot option to install to boot sectors of all component devices. With grub it appears that you can only update non default devices via the command line. I like the ability to be able to type lilo and have all updated in one hit. Is there a way to do this with grub?

Hi All,

I'll second this RFI - I /think/ I know how to set this up by hand (I'm following the doc on http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/software-raid-howto.html , and have tested booting from each drive from this), but this is neither very simple, nor automatically applied to a new disk when it is hot-added. Thus the procedure will need to be executed each time a drive is replaced.

Perhaps a GRUB-forum is a better venue for this discussion?

-S

Cheers,

Lewis
-

Simen Thoresen, Dolphin ICS
Systems Administration and Wulfkit Support
-