Re: Megaraid, howto?

Thanks alot Joshua!

This is _exactly_ what I was looking for.

Cheers!

On 7/20/06, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 at 9:14am, Pieter Steyn wrote

> I have a few hosts that use Megaraid controllers.
>
> Could someone please show me an effective way to monitor the status?
>
> I've used the software on dells website, and the only program partly
> useful was Megamon, which is a gui menu based program that runs on the
> shell, I've written an expect script that gives me the proper output
> when I run the program on that shell, but it does not work from within
> crontab / ssh hostname "command".

Problems like that are almost always due to a difference in the shell
environments of your login shell and crontab.  Make sure all your paths
are explicit and stuff (that's a technical term, son) like that.

> If anyone could please tell me of either an alternative way / or how I
> can get my expect script to work through crontab, I'd greatly
> apreciate it!

I have a (very/embarrassingly) crude script which uses megarc (downloaded
directly from LSI).  It greps the output of "megarc -dispCfg -a0" for
DEGRADED.  If it finds that then it emails me and also touches a state
file so it doesn't continue mailing me every 15 minutes (which is how
often I run it).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering