Raid5 read error correction log

Hey Neil,

It would sure be nice if the log contained any info about the error
correction that's been done rather than simply saying "read error
corrected", like which array chunk, device and sector was corrected. I'm
having a persistent pending sector on a drive, and when I do check or
repair, it says "read error corrected" many times, but I don't know
whether it's doing the same sector over and over or if there are just so
many of them...  I seem to remember reading something about this on the
list some time ago, is it already in the kernel? (I'm running 2.6.17-rc4
now).

Btw, when it does correct a read error, I assume it also tries to read
it again to verify that the correction worked?

thanks,

/Patrik