Re: RAID5 kicks non-fresh drives

I had no idea about this particular configuration requirement. None of
my reading mentioned setting the partition type. I originally created
the array 1/2003 and don't remember having to set it. So, yes, more
debugging info in dmesg would have saved me days of
resyncing/tweak/reboot/resync cycles. (I'm not complaining, just very
relieved to up and running again).