too small chunk_size: 4096 < 8192

I guess this is what I get for thinking that chunk size didn't matter
for RAID1 arrays when I set up a few of them a couple years back on my
Alphaserver running Debian Linux... And then choosing or defaulting
(don't recall which) an absurdly small value. :-)

A recent attempt at switching from my 2.6.15 kernel to a newer 2.6.16
kernel resulted in the above error when attempting to assemble /dev/md1,
which is my root filesystem.

Looking at the source trees for 2.6.15 and 2.6.16 shows the test hasn't
changed, so I conclude that my immediate problem is that the new kernel
has decided I would be better off with 8KB pages rather than 4KB pages.
Whatever.

Since I'm using RAID1, for which chunk_size reputedly is a meaningless
quantity, what I'd really like to do is change that on my existing
arrays to something else (64KB?) and just carry on. However, the mdadm
v1.12.0 I have from Debian provides no mechanism for doing that, and I
don't recall discussion of this functionality being added to any of the
newer mdadm releases either.

Does anybody have a clever suggestion, or do I grit my teeth and
CAREFULLY recreate my arrays while trying not to destroy any of the
encapsulated data?

Thanks,

	Scott Bailey
	scott.bailey@xxxxxxx