Re: Terrible slow write speed to MegaRAID SCSI array

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 at 1:55pm, Michael Tokarev wrote

We've installed an LSI Logic MegaRaid SCSI 320-1 card
on our server (used only temporarily to move data to
larger disks, but that's not the point), and measured
linear write performance, just to know how much time
it will took to copy our (somewhat large) data to the
new array.  And to my surprize, this card, with current
firmware, current (2.6.15) kernel and modern disks is
terrible slow on writing - writing speed varies between
1.5 megabutes/sec to 10 megabytes/sec, depending on the
logical drive settings in the megaraid adapter.

I've got the same card in a server running CentOS 4.2. With default settings on the card and the OS, I'm getting 45MB/s reads and 22MB/s writes according to bonnie++ to a 2 disk raid1 mirror. I'll certainly try to get better, but it's not nearly as bad as yours.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering