Re: Auto-assembling arrays using mdadm

That did the trick, except you must do:

mdadm --examine --scan --config=tmp.mdadm.conf
>>tmp.mdadm.conf

instead of:

mdadm --detail --scan --config=tmp.mdadm.conf
>>tmp.mdadm.conf

I assume that this method would have the same problems
with conflicting minor number.  Will have to add an
intermediate step to process the tmp.mdadm.conf file
to uniquify the RAID array device names (i.e. remove
duplicate /dev/md0, etc.).

Thanks for the tip.  I personally think mdadm should
be modified to do this all in one step (including
dealing with minor number conflicts).

Sean