Re: No syncing after crash. Is this a software raid bug?

Kasper Dupont <70006427576745453539@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Do you have write-cache enabled on the mirrors?
> How do I find out about that?

for 2.4 (although I belive to remember that the reporting is broken
there) and IDE:
grep -i ^wcache /proc/ide/hd*/settings

>> that this always affects areas which are "free" on the filesystem layer.
> Does the raid layer have any way to know if they are free and

No, that's why I did put the free in quotes and did desribe how the
"free" differs from "used" :)

> So far I have only seen it happen on swap. I thought that might
> be because that machine swaps a lot.

Well, if it swaps a lot, my assumption could lead to different mirrors
in that case too - supposed my assumption is true at all :)

regards
   Mario
--
Tower: "Say fuelstate." Pilot: "Fuelstate."
Tower: "Say again." Pilot: "Again."

-