Re: No syncing after crash. Is this a software raid bug?

Why would you not be happy? resyncs in general are bad since they
indicate your data is possibly out-of-sync and the resync itself
consumes an enormous amount of resources

This is a feature of new-ish md driver code that more aggressively marks
the array as "clean" after writes

The end result is that the array will most likely be "clean" in all
circumstances even a crash, and you simply won't need to resync

That's a good thing!

-Mike

-