Re: Bigendian issue with mdadm

2006/2/21, Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxx>:
> On Monday February 20, francois.barre@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Please, Help !

[...]
> > And it seams like md superblock disk format is hostendian, so how
> > should I say mdadm to use a endianness ?
> >

> Read the man page several times?
>
> Look for "--update=byteorder"
>
> You need mdadm-2.0 or later.
>
> NeilBrown

Ooops... You know what it is : the more you focus on a problem, the
less you can see solutions floating around...
I had mdadm-1.2 installed, and of course did not think about
upgrading... I will test this asap.
This will avoid me to code a byte reordering program... Thanks Neil !
BTW : I did not see this feature in the kernel code, and after a quick
look at mdadm source, seems to be implemented in
super0.c:super0_swap_endian(). Is there any prerequisite regarding the
kernel version for this to work ?

Thanks again Neil, I am really impressed by your patience answering
dummy questions...

Regards,
-