Re: Question: array locking, possible?

Chris Osicki wrote:

> To rephrase my question, is there any way to make it visible to the
> other host that the array is up an running on the this host?
>
> Any comments, ideas?

Would that not imply an "unlock" command before you could run the array
on the other host?

Would that not then break the automatic fail-over you want, as no
machine that died or hung would issue the unlock command, meaning that
the fail-over node could not then use the disks

It's an interesting idea, I just can't think of a way to make it work
unattended

It might be possible wrap the 'mdadm' binary with a script that "checks"
(maybe via some deep check using ssh to execute remote commands, or just
a ping) the hosts status and just prints a little table of host status
that can only be avoided by passing a special --yes-i-know flag to the
wrapper

-Mike
-