Re: Newbie questions: Max Active disks, RAID migration, Compiling mdadm 2.3

If you remove the '-Werror' it'll compile and work, but you still can't
convert a raid 0 to a raid 5. You're raid level understanding is off as
well, raid 5 is a parity block rotating around all drives, you were
thinking of raid 4 which has a single parity disk. Migrating raid 0 to
raid 4 (and vice versa) should be possible technically, but I don't
think it's implemented anywhere

You should be able to have more than 4 active drives though. I am at
this moment building an array with 6 components, I'm running a few with
more than that, and these are by no means the largest arrays that people
are running - just examples of it working.

-Mike

-