Fix a broken RAID 5 system

Hello everyone!

I have a RAID 5 setup of five disks where one of them was set up as spare. A while ago the onboard IDE controller stopped working so I had to move all my harddrives to another machine. It wouldn't start so Knoppix to my rescue.

I did some mdadm --examine, and some tests with mdadm --assemble <different options> and where partly successfull with this: mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 --force --update=summaries /dev/hda1 /dev/hdc1 /dev/hde1 /dev/hdf1 /dev/hdg1 It complained about one faulty drive, but could mount. I decided to flag drive as faulty, remove and add it. It then started to rebuild the entire RAID. When I checked the next morning though, mdadm --examine showed that /two/ drives now where set as spare, and thus I could not mount the array anymore.
Examine now shows (edited):
 Active Devices : 3
Working Devices : 5
 Failed Devices : 0
  Spare Devices : 2
   0     0       3        1        0      active sync
   1     1       0        0        1      faulty removed
   2     2       0        0        2      faulty removed
   3     3      33        1        3      active sync
   4     4      33       65        4      active sync
   5     5      34        1        5      spare
   6     6      22        1        6      spare

I'm pretty sure that one of the spare ones is still intact, but how do I change it from being a spare to an active sync?

Since I'm still running from Knoppix, please reply to my address too :/

regards
Johnny Ljunggren

-