Re: Kanotix crashed my raid... (nvidia crashed my raid...)

So far ok for a few days. The promise cards are 54-62 dollars with 4
controllers. they work with kernel 2.6.12 and 2.6.14 debian stock kernels. via controllers on motherboard are good too - so far. i will let you know more
over time.

	Well. The linux box is holding.
The windows box won't even boot now. When it worked, it had actually reverted the SATA in PIO mode (event log says "too many errors, reverting back to PIO". Ouch. I put back DMA and now, this PC is a doorstop. Need I say the HDD is new and perfectly functional ?

Which means I can't even backup my linux data using the windows box, because my backup hdd is SATA !!!!

So I'm going to either change the mobo (but I'll never be able to get a RMA on this), or buy the promise sata card you speak about. So I'll have a Mobo with 4 unused sata ports. Cool.

google, read this : nvidia nforce sata software raid does not work with maxtor HDDs !!!

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t900.html
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2497
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2972

another guy who has the exact same error messages as I (on Mandriva) (in french) :

http://www.thisishull.net/archive/index.php/t-140129.html

a patch that I did not try :

http://www.thisishull.net/archive/index.php/t-140129.html
-