Re: raid5 read performance

I guess i was not clear enough.

i am using raid5 over 3 maxtor disks. the chunk size is 1MB.
i mesured the io coming from one disk alone when I READ
from it with 1MB buffers , and i know that it is ~32MB/s.

I created raid0 over two disks and my throughput grown to
64 MB/s.

Doing the same thing with raid5 ended in 32 MB/s.

I am using async io since i do not want to wait for several disks
when i send an IO. By sending a buffer which is striped aligned
i am supposed to have one to one relation between a disk and an
io.

iostat show that all of the three disks work but not fully.

--
Raz
-