Re: disk light remains on

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 07:32:13PM -0800, debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just began using RAID-1 (in 2.6.12) on a pair of SATA drives, and
> now the hard disk drive light comes on during booting--about when the
> RAID system is loaded--and stays on.

Could you "cat /proc/mdstat"?  If this is an initial creation and your
disks are large, it's likely just the initial array build.  If your
array is synced and your disks are still being accessed, are you sure
that there's no processes using your disk?

Sorry - silly things first!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@xxxxxxxxxxxx