Subject: Re: no reconstruction in 2.6.14.2?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:13:11 -0800
From: Mike Hardy <mhardy@xxxxxxx>
To: Carlos Carvalho <carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One of the things you get with newer kernels is that the md driver more
aggressively marks the array clean, typically very quickly after the
last write was issued.

The benefit is that more often than not even if you shut down
unexpectedly, the arrays are clean and you don't have to resync on startup.

So I think the behavior is expected.

If you were to run bonnie++ against the array, and shut down abruptly,
you would most likely be unclean and get the resync.

-Mike

-