RE: raid5 write performance

It is not just a parity issue.  If you have a 4 disk RAID 5, you can't be
sure which if any have written the stripe.  Maybe the parity was updated,
but nothing else.  Maybe the parity and 2 data disks, leaving 1 data disk
with old data.

Beyond that, md does write caching.  I don't think the file system can tell
when a write is truly complete.  I don't recall ever having a Linux system
crash, so I am not worried.  But power failures cause the same risk, or
maybe more.  I have seen power failures, even with a UPS!

Guy

-