Re: help!

Carlos Carvalho wrote:

Shane Bishop (sbishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 14 November 2005 11:20:
>I had an mdadm device running fine, and had created my own scripts for >shutting it down and such. I upgraded my distro, and all of a sudden it >decided to start initializing md devices on it's own, which include one >that I want removed.

Probably the filesystem type in the partition table is set to raid
autodetect (fd). Try changing it to something else, for example 83.
Note that these are hexadecimal numbers.
-
They were indeed set to raid autodetect. I was unaware of what that actually did, I think I must have followed that step in a how-to when I originally set it up. The odd thing is that these are the partition pairs that were being mounted:
sda sdb
sda1 sdb1
sdc1 sdd1
The last 2 are the ones I actually wanted, but the first one was something I had done when I was first playing around with it, if memory serves me correct. Is that possible, or does it point to some other issue?

Shane
-