Re: udev and mdadm -- I'm lost

>Just use --auto or --auto=yes and it should  take care of the device node
> creations. I have a /etc/mdadm.conf  so I just do:
>mdadm -As --auto=yes and it brings everything up over  udev.
>
>Although if you want to use the scan option with auto you  may want to
>use mdadm 1.12.0 or later as on some of the earlier version  the
>combination doesn't work.

Thank you Dave for your suggestion. Before you wrote back, I went ahead and
tried out:

mdadm -Av -amd 1 --uuid=xxxxx /dev/sd*

and that seemed to work. Is that okay. Unfortunately, "man mdadm" doesn't
explain in much detail what the "yes" and "no" options do, unless I missed
something. But the "md" option seems to make mdadm behave like it used to under
devfs -- right? Only rather than specifing a device with the syntax "/dev/mdXX"
 you just use "XX" or "X".

It's not complicated, but it would be good to just know I'm doing it right.

Andy
-