Software RAID1 problems

I've had some problems recently with a RAID1 setup on a couple of Seagate SCSI disks. I've setup the following partition scheme:

/dev/md0 swap (/dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1)
/dev/md1 /    (/dev/sda2 and /dev/sdb2)

md1 functions fine, and has so far not given me any problems at all. Md0 however keeps dropping /dev/sdb1 from the array. As I've set the system up to let me know via e-mail should anything occur, I do receive notification when sdb1 is kicked from the array.

Hot adding sdb1 back into the array works fine, until the next 'degradedarray event'.

I've tested the disks with the Seagate tools (no problems), badblocks in read-only mode and in write mode as well (recreating md0 afterwards), all with no problems reported.

Has anyone any idea what might be causing the degradedarray event to occur?

Andy

Dr. Andy Dawson
A.J.Dawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mossie.org
http://www.museum-explorer.org.uk

 Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity
-