From root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Fri Sep 2 10:30:32 2005

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:30:25 -0400
From: root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Cron Daemon)
To: root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cron <root@RIAA> chown -R nobody.nobody /fileserv

chown: cannot access `/fileserv/Audio/Jay's Shit/Rap Hip-Hop/Talib Kweli/Talib Kweli & Hi-tek - Reflection Eternal/010-reflection_eternal-name_of_the_game-ego.mp3': Input/output error

This file is now GONE. It will show up in an ls, but i can not access said file at all. The only thing I can do with it is rm -f it or run an fsck (on the md device) and it just disappears after the fsck is complete.

/proc/mdstat seems to show everything as ok

code:

[root@RIAA ~]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid5]
md1 : active raid5 sde1[4] sdd1[1] sdc1[0] sdb1[3] sda1[2]
    1250274304 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [5/5] [UUUUU]

unused devices: <none>

Do I have a bad drive? Or is something else going on here? Need more info? Just ask, I'll provide what I can.

PS: I sent this twice, I posted it on a forum that I frequent, and realized that I had left a bad word or two in when I sent it to the list. Sorry if you get it twice (hopefully the first gets filtered out somehow), and if the bad word offends, this is the cleaner version. I guess I should not write long emails at 12:42am

-