Re: why the kernel and mdadm report differently

David M. Strang wrote:
Farkas Levente wrote:

>>this is mdadm 1.12, just another site note there is no rpm for version >>2.0:-(
> > > No.  I seem to remember some odd compile issue with making the RPM
> and thinking "I don't care".   Maybe I should care a bit more....

would be useful.

Not trying to be rude; but the install of mdadm is pathetically easy.
Untar/Gzip the source; and type:

   make
   make install

yes, but simply i don't like to put anything into the main filesystem which can't be checked later (ie. which package own it, it has the right checksum, etc..) and these are just with rpm. what's more i'd like to update packages automaticaly on all of our server from or local packages repository, so if i put mdadm into this list than all of our server do it without my manual install.

-