Re: raid1 boot issues

On Thursday 25 August 2005 6:37 pm, you wrote:
Thanks for the reply Rui,

> Hi Lewis,
>
>     Are the boot sectors of your HD's clean? Or have you copied lilo
> onto them?
>     If not, are you shure that both you md0 partitions are marked as
> bootable?
>     Are the partitions marked 0xFD ?
The bootsectors are clean.  The system boots fine it just won't mount /dev/md0
correctly during startup.  What surprises me is that /dev/md1 mounts.  Often
these type of problems are associated with the initrd modules, and result in
kernel panic earlier in the boot process.  I'd expect that if one raid1
device is mounted then all required modules are present.

Hmmmm....

-