RE: RAID10 vs. LVM on RAID1

We actually use both RAID10 and LVM.  It's on a 2.4 kernel so we're not
using device mapper, however it gives us the performance we want along
with the LVM disk management and snapshot abilities.

LVM gets a little cranky though so I had to muck with the initscripts.
Other than that little detail, it works great for us:

52 SCSI disk + 4 hot spares in RAID10 with LVM on top of the RAID10
array.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient,
but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the
sender immediately.

-