From: Lars Marowsky-Bree [mailto:lmb@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Donnerstag, 4. August 2005 14:30
To: LONKWITZ, MARTIN; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question about MD multipathing

On 2005-08-03T14:14:56, martin.lonkwitz.sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Cause I have problems with active/passiv storage (storagetek D240)
> while Lun's jump to the passiv controller of the storage cause of
> traffic comes to this one :/ Dones anyone can suggest another solution
> for active/passive storage that works with linux kernel 2.4 and 2.6 ?

You should use DM multipath. md multipath isn't going to perform well for you in 2.4 (unless you're using the SLES8 kernel, which is hacked up quite a bit).

With 2.6, Device-Mapper has been choosen for the multipath IO to be implemented in.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
High Availability & Clustering