From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robin Bowes
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 6:03 PM
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Good news / bad news - The joys of RAID

Mark Hahn wrote:
>>When will you learn?  :)
>

> exactly - you can conclude absolutely nothing from two samples.

I read that mail as "I stopped buying Maxtor (for whatever reason) then
tried them again and had an 100% failure rate (albeit with a small
sample size) so have stopped buying them again" rather than "I bought
two Maxtor drives that failed so Maxtor drives are shit".

My own personal experience (I'm the OP in this thread) is that the 250GB
SATA Maxtor Maxline II drives I have purchased have an unacceptable
failure rate (something like 40% in 5 months)

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com
-