RE: Aacraid - terrible performance on RHES3 pedge 2450

Thanks for the info

I've upgraded the kernel to 2.4.21-20 and have a very slight increase in
performance but unfortunately not much to write home about.
I have limited experience with kernel compilation and I'm a little
confused as to which aacraid.h I would have to add the #define
SCSI_HAS_VARY_IO 1 to.

I have the following aacraid.h files

/usr/src/aacraid-1.1.4-2302/aacraid.h
/usr/src/linux-2.4.21-20.EL/drivers/addon/aacraid_10102/aacraid.h
/usr/src/linux-2.4.21-20.EL/drivers/scsi/aacraid/aacraid.h

Ordinarily I would modify the .h file in the scsi/aacraid dir and then
go through the full kernel recompile but I have updated aacraid using
the Dell rpm. I assume the version in this folder is the old version
that shipped with the 2.4.21-20 source. If there is a way that I can
recompile just the aacraid module without doing a full kernel recompile
I would prefer to do this .

Zoe