Re: RAID5 crash and burn

coreyfro@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

About swap failing, would there be much of a performence hit if i mirrored
swap?  I don't like running without it, and I don't want to repeat this
incident...  My system has more than enough ram for the load it has, but I
under stand the other reasons for having swap, so slow swap is better than
nothing or faulty, i spose...

What other reasons are these (genuine question - I'm curious)

I've got a box that is in a similar situation - loads of RAM, never anywhere near memory filling up. Currently I've not got swap activated but my disk architecture was created to allow one or two 1.5GB mirrored partitions for swap.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com
-