RE: Resizing raid-1 on replacing failed disk

You will be replacing your boot disk (I think).  This will be a grub or lilo
issue.  Please wait for someone to help with this!  But not me!  I don't
trust my advice!  Other than my advice to wait for help. :)

I don't recall if the size will just grow when you replace with a larger
disk.  But if you know it will, then this should work (other than booting).
Oops, I recall some issue resizing a file system, don't recall the issue, or
how to deal with it.  Will search and send another message if I find it.

But I do have other notes:
- backup
* logically remove the failed disk - "mdadm /dev/md0 -r /dev/hdc1"
- physically remove the failed disk
- physically replace the failed disk with a larger disk
- add the new disk to the array and allow to resync
- fail and remove the active smaller disk
* fail the smaller disk - "mdadm /dev/md0 -f /dev/hda1"
* wait a few seconds (was some issue with failing and removing too quickly)
* remove the smaller disk - "mdadm /dev/md0 -r /dev/hda1"
- physically replace the active smaller disk with a larger disk
- resize the ext3 partition

Guy