Re: monitoring multipath arrays plus inconsistent /proc/mdstat?

On 2004-10-22T16:44:38, Anu Matthew <anu.matthew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> May I ask, why? We are to evaluate Power Path also for 2.4, and am just
> curious why it is not going to run on 2.6? That could be a very important
> factor in decision making if it won't make it on 2.6.x

Because EMC is very forthcoming about supporting the proper way of doing
multipathing on Linux in 2.6 (based on the Open Source Device-Mapper
multipath functionality + the multipath-tools package) and actively
supporting me developing that feature by providing technical specs and
hardware, I don't really see a need for using Power Path any longer on
2.6 platforms.

I could understand that they may want to provide it for legacy
installations who want to slowly transition though, but they've not
mentioned it yet; personally I'd think it would be kind of pointless
;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--