RE: Problems with SCSI devices renaming...

If you are using raidstart to start your array, then yes common problem.
Raidstart is part of raidtools, which is obsolete.

Try mdadm.  You may need to install this.  It was easy for me on redhat 9.

Your device names are very odd to me!  What happened to /dev/sda1 and such?

The problem you are having is very similar to the problem you would have if
a disk were to fail such that it could not be seen by the system.  This is
what happened to me first.  I have also added disks since then with problems
like yours.  But in my case the device names changed.  So I am confused by
this also.  For example I had 3 devices sda, sdb and sdc.  If sdb were to
fail or be removed, on reboot sdc would change names to sdb.  Raidstart
can't handle this, at least not for me!  If my major minor/number changed, I
did not notice.

Guy