Re: multipath md devices

// Yeah, IBM wrote a little app to help with that. We stuffed it into the
mdadm package we ship since that seemed the most appropriate place for
it. It's called mdmpd and that's it's job basically. Very simple app,
but doesn't run on upstream kernels at the moment (it wants the md event
interface which hasn't yet been submitted upstream by Neil). //

Doug, thanks a lot, we appreciate your response.

One of our boxes with the multipath problem (sic) runs on RHEL ES3.0 with active RHN subscription and is at 2.4.21-15.ELsmp, and has mdadm-1.5.0-3, with mdmpd running. Yet it crashed last week as the paths went away from a SAN switch f/w upgrade, as they took off the paths one 4 hours after another, but never both the paths at the same time.

I saw your post on Bugzilla, dated 2004-06-07 about the md Event Interface Patch. Do we still have to throw that patch in, manually? Or does 2.4.21-20.ELsmp have it already? I tried to read up the Change Log and File lists, could gather nothing much.

Thanks,

--Anu Matthew

-